Important Information

If you are a new student, whether a first-year or transfer student, and wish to cancel your admission, please follow the steps below:

STEP 1: Log into your Applicant Portal

STEP 2: Navigate to the section called "Admission Request Forms"

STEP 3: Select "Application Withdrawal"

To officially withdraw from the University of Miami if you are a current student (not first-year student)

Undergraduate students are required to meet with an advisor in the ’Cane Success Center. Virtual appointments are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For students who are no longer on campus

If you have already left the University but did not complete the withdrawal process before your departure, please schedule a virtual appointment or email the 'Cane Success Center at to begin the withdrawal process. Your withdrawal will not be finalized until an exit interview is completed.

Withdrawal Date Appeal Form 

If you were unable to attend classes due to a serious accident or illness, and this prevented you from notifying the University of your withdrawal in a timely manner, a Withdrawal Date Appeal Form can be submitted for consideration by an Appeals Committee. Appeals are submitted AFTER completing the official withdrawal process above and must include supporting documentation as to what prevented timely notification. All appeals must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the official withdrawal date established with the ‘Cane Success Center or if the appeal is being submitted for a semester that has already completed, it must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the last day of the end of the semester in question. Appeals should be submitted via email to

Military Withdrawal 

If you need to withdraw from the university as a result of being called to active duty in the United States military, please review the military withdrawal policy by visiting the Military Withdrawal Information page.

If you have a merit scholarship and want to return to UM 

If you withdraw from the University but choose to return within one calendar year, and you have continued to meet the requirements of your scholarship, then your merit scholarship will be waiting for you here. Contact the 'Cane Success Center to begin the process of readmission.
*Frost School of Music students will need to reaudition after one semester away from the University.

Reactivating your CaneID

Please call the UM IT department at 305-284-8887. To expedite your request, please be ready to share your C number. The Cane ID reactivation process may take up to 48 hours.